ESSENCE OF PERFUME
- extract the essence of your memories -
workshop & exhibition (2007)
On the 3rd of Nov. 2007, I gave a workshop of extracting the essence and making a simple perfume at CBK Almere Corrosia, The Netherlands.
There were 6 participants. They made their own perfumes with their memorial scents.
- the scent of the dog ---> the dog's teddybear pickled in powder
- the scent of baking bread ---> water distillation while baking bread in the flask
- the scent of hey ---> soxhlet extraction
- the scent of Brussels Sprout from own garden ---> pickled in alcohol
- a cocktail of cheese, flower, almond snack, hair moose, and the white wine ---> pickled in alcohol
- the scent of 'speculaars' of the Sinterklaas festival ---> pickled in alcohol
When the workshop was finished, the opening started. During the opening the distillation and extraction machines were continuing their process.
The scents of the pickled materials will be extracted during the 2 months of the exhibition period. That means, the visitors will smell the scents 'extraction in progreess'.
After the exhibition, I've filterd and bottled them. The bottles are ready to be shipped to the participants.
production: Corrosia CBK Flevoland
help: Tomoko Inamura